Only 14 pages are availabe for public view
Back irregularity is one of the many conditions that can
affect body shape because of the effects of fractures in the
spine. Finding both comfortable and stylish clothes can be a
challenge because of the height loss, curvature of the spine
and widening of the girth that sometimes accompanies
spinal fractures. The present thesis aims to minimize the
appearance of the physical changes that may be caused by
back deformity in order to create the appearance of a
straight line from head to toe and direct the eye away from
any deformity. Design Elements and Accessories are two
important fashion components that can use to tackle these
To achieve the goal, the following activities were
1. Study how back irregularities caused by spine
2. Explain the impact of spinal fractures on body image.
3. Analysis the clothing problems and suggests clothing
ideas for individuals with exaggerated irregularities of
4. Find solutions for these problems that occur by
deformity of the spine with patterns.
5. Try to apply the elements of fashion design to meet
the fashion challenge caused by back irregularities for
suggest fashion tips.
6. Chose natural fabrics such as cotton and linen fabrics
were selected because of their properties to suit who
are suffer from spinal deformity.
7. Doing bio-finishing treatment with cellulase enzyme
on industrial scale in order to help textile
manufacturers to boost the quality and improve
softness, drape, dyeing.
8. Physico-mechanical properties of the biofinished
fabric (warp and weft sett- weight – stiffness - crease
recovery angle – tear resistance – tensile strength and
elongation – wettability) were evaluated in
comparison with the untreated fabrics (blanks).
Increase in fabric set in both direction and weight due
to the aqueous enzymatic treatment of fabrics,
hydrophobicity, swelling and absorption as well as
The wettability of fabrics improved after
The stiffness decreased in all types of fabrics leading
to an increasing in the smoothness and softness.
Enhanced in the crease recovery angle but decreased
the tensile strength and, tear resistance in all treated
9. Study the effect of biopolishing on reactive dye using
different colors was accomplished on lab scale. The
color strength and fastness properties of dyes after
cellulase treatment improved.
10. Ten designs of clothing as a functional design with
their patterns were prepared to avoid problems of
back irregularities and draw eye away from any
deformity and biopolished fabrics were subjected to
layout and cutting by using the designs patterns
followed by tie and dyed using to same kinds of