Only 14 pages are availabe for public view
Ergonomics (human factors) is the scientific discipline concerned with the understanding of interactions among humans and other elements of a system, and the profession that applies theory, principles, data and methods to design in order to optimize human well-being and overall system performance. Ergonomists are trained in analytical technique to identify which user characteristics should be considered during design process. This is important when consider how much individuals vary in terms of: body size, body shape, strength, mobility, sensory sensitivity, mental ability, experience, training, culture and emotions.
In fashion design garment, which is successful in (appearance, function, structure and decoration) stimulates the purchaser to buy them .The above three aspects are fulfilled in a garment when the elements and principle of designs are met with .Understanding how and why a person responds to the various elements &principles of design and knowing how to control and use them effectively for a good design is an important aspects in designing.
Bio-Polishing of cotton fabric is a treatment done to enhance Fabric quality by decreasing the pilling tendency and fuzziness of (cellulose) fabrics. This finishing process applied to cellulose textiles that produces permanent effects using celulase enzyme. This process removes protruding fibers from fabrics, significantly reduces pilling, softens fabric hand and provides a smooth fabric appearance .Also the using of new techniques in dyeing using microwave to consume time which energy is required .
The present thesis focus on the importance of ergonomics science for women’s fashion especially professional educator women, access to put proposals and recommendations to be subject of debate fashion designers. When designing women’s clothing based on ergonomics science for more luxury and comfortability for them. Therefore increasing their productivity in society.
To achieve the goal, the following steps were done:
• Novel designs were created suitable for professional educator women by using elements &principles of design.
• Natural fabrics (cotton) were selected because of their properties to suit professional educator women during work.
• Fabrics were bio-finished in order to help textile manufacturers to boost the quality and improve softness, drape and dyeing.
• Dyeing the biofinished cotton fabric with microwave irradiation on lab scale to improve its dye ability with reactive dyes.
• Physico -mechanical properties of the biofinished and dyed fabrics (warp and weft sett-weight- stiffness- crease recovery angles - tear resistance- tensile strength and elongation- Wettability) were evaluated in comparison with the untreated fabrics (blanks).
• The principles of Ergonomics were applied which used (comfort, aesthetics, safety, ease of use and performance) for the novel designs.
• The disciplines of Ergonomics versus the created designs were investigated.
• Analyzing the results obtained from Ergonomics questionnaire.
The following results were obtained:-
• Increase in fabric set in both directions, weight, hydrophilicity, swelling and absorption as well as shrinkage increased due to the aqueous enzymatic treatment of fabrics.
• The stiffness decreased in fabrics leading to an increasing in the smoothness and softness.
• The Wettability of fabrics improved after bio-polishing.
• Bio polished and untreated fabrics were dyed using reactive dyes via conventional µwave irradiations technique. The color strength &fastness properties were examined.
• Microwave irradiation appears to be an effective technique for dyeing untreated and bio polished cotton fabrics and is useful in enhancing color strength &fastness properties when compared with conventional dyeing technique .So the microwave technique is the best choice for treatment as well as dyeing fabric so it minimizing dye time, energy and cost in turn. This contributes to the teacher getting the comfortable clothes at the right price.
• All of this leads to an improvement in the work of the teacher.