Only 14 pages are availabe for public view
Twenty partially edentulous patients with dentulous maxillary arch
and mandibular Kennedy class I were selected for this study.
The patients were randomly divided into 2 groups:-
group I:-Patients were rehabilitated with removable partial dentures
constructed using functional reline impression technique.
group II:-Patients were rehabilitated with removable partial dentures
constructed using altered cast impression technique.
All removable partial dentures constructed in study followed the same
- RPI clasps were used as direct retainers on the canines.
- Bilateral combined denture bases were used.
- Double lingual bar was used as a major connector.
- Guiding planes were prepared 2-3 mm occluso-gingivally
- Cingulum rest seat preparations were made on the lingual surfaces of
CBCT of the mandible was taken at the day of prosthesis delivery,
three and six months after delivery for each patient. A software ruler was
used to measure alveolar bone height distal to the abutment and at distal
The obtained results showed that both functional impression techniques
have nearly the same effect on bone resorption since the two impression
techniques recorded the residual